Friday, March 14, 2008

Tired of being tired

I'm tired, man. I'm tired of this constant struggle between my heart and my brain. My heart tries to pull me to the left, but my brain somehow finds a way to pull me right.

After numerous conversations with friends I'm left with the conclusion that no matter how much advice I take, the only one who can determine the outcome is me. But that just leads me back to the whole "heart vs. brain" struggle. I just need to figure out which ME I'm going to listen to.

You're probably like "what the hell is Eeb talking about?!" haha It's all good. I'm just talking to myself right now, hoping that maybe I'll come to an answer by the time I finish typing this blog.

My homeboy said something the other day that really stuck with me. It was something to the effect of "...it's the whole responsibility of actually being GOOD". We all have our insecurities, it's a matter overcoming them that I find the most challenging. I just need to remind myself of why I got into this whole thing in the first place. Should I aim to please or should I just aim?

I DO believe in myself, but I only wish I could see what others see in me. This is where my struggle begins and ends.

Still searching for an answer.

Peace

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have our ups and downs Ebrahim don't let it get the best of you. Do us all a favor and strive for the top cuz thats where you belong

Anonymous said...

As salam Ebrahim,

Cheers up.

We all feel in our lives this kind of tribulations. I just want to tell you that you have done a very nice album. I love your songs and I hope you'll find the positive energy to continue your work and share it with us.

I hope that everything will be fine for you soon.
Truly, may God help you in your work, He is Al Qadir, He is the Powerful! Be confident.

a french who has discovered your songs.

peace.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that you have got a talent, so let your doubts and strive for your dreams you want to achieve...

i hope you'll read our comments and we will look forward your news.

Anonymous said...

i truly respect you for following your dream. I wish i had the courage to do what you are doing. the music you are sharing with the world will touch people's hearts and even if it all ends here, which i know it wont, know that you have done some good so far and you should be very proud of your accomplishments.

It seems that you have a kind, pure heart, everyone struggles but dont let your troubles discourage you. Your music is wonderful! Good luck in life, sometimes we are not meant to know the answers to certain questions but always follow your heart and HE will guide you.
You are truly blessed.

Dina B. said...

i think you might find this interesting:

http://zenhabits.net/2008/12/how-to-make-your-heart-and-your-mind-work-together/

Anonymous said...

Hey man, thanks for the beautiful comments. Your heart is in the right place. Your music really reflects that, it is imspiring! So funkyyy! and soulful, you have authenticity that is so refreshing to hear not just in the music, but in the words. I would say, to just keep on the path. The mind and the heart will always want to battle eachother, but the heart is always "right"! I think that's what life is about, this sort of complex journey back to yourself. I think you've got exactly what is it you're looking for...
your music is beautiful!
I would love to see you live some time!
Love!